Research expertise at ICTS falls broadly into the following areas
- AI – agent-based intelligent systems, machine-learning algorithms and performance
- Brain Science – spontaneous activities, cognitive processes, disease
- Complex Systems – microbial communities, human behaviour, epidemiological modelling, adaptation
- Computational Mathematics – PDE’s and image recognition
- Nonlinear Dynamics – instability and pattern formation, molecular circuits
- Statistical Physics – phase transitions, active matter, cross-scale modelling and computation
- Statistics – basic theory and applications, big data
For more information, please visit the webpages of individual research centres and groups.
Planned events and activities at ICTS in 2021
- Establishing research grouping in four theme areas under the umbrella of AI, big data and quantitative modelling, each led by a senior member of ICTS, respectively
- Organising workshops, seminars and public lectures in the afore-mentioned areas and promoting team formation and in-depth research collaboration
Specific goals and objectives of the four research themes are listed below.
Please visit the News & Events page for announcements of past and forthcoming activities.